Microsoft Lync is widely deployed (Microsoft Lync has been rebranded Skype for Business) yet most organizations are using Lync clients only for instant messaging, presence and directory access. Lync conversations are limited to other internal Lync users or with a few trusted external partners via Lync Federation. To extend Lync’s value, GENBAND has developed solutions to enable users to securely make and receive calls from their Lync client via the public telephone network, supplementing GENBAND’s UC solutions.
Enable Lync Enterprise Voice or Hosted Lync Voice
GENBAND has multiple options to securely connect Lync deployments directly to the PSTN or integrate into a GENBAND call control platform. Choose to connect to solutions on premises or in the cloud for hosted connectivity.
Microsoft Lync 2013 (Skype for Business) SIP Qualifications (access to the PSTN):
Direct SIP trunks connected to Lync via the following GENBAND network elements have been tested and qualified by Microsoft under its Unified Communications Open Interoperability Program.
Integrated Lync Server Advantages:
- Maintain the capabilities, reliability and value of a GENBAND UC solution
- Scale to tens of thousands of users, across multiple sites
- Easily connect to the public telephone network from the Lync/Skype for Business client
- Leverage Lync’s collaboration services without adding new Lync licenses
- Integrate with legacy TDM or standards-based SIP phones