SBC 5110 - Session Border Controller
The Ribbon SBC 5110 addresses the high session requirements of medium-to-large enterprises and regional service providers in an all-IP multimedia environment. The SBC 5110 platform supports up to 10,000 sessions and provides industry-leading capabilities for enterprises and regional service providers, including robust security, unparalleled scalability, flexible SIP session routing and interoperability.
The SBC 5110 delivers superior, secure multimedia support for audio, video and data for the most demanding of enterprises and service providers.
The SBC 5110 plays an important role as an enabler for our customer’s implementation of STIR/SHAKEN. The SBC 5110 interworks with call controllers and the Ribbon PSX to handle caller authentication or verification requests and update the information in the SIP message per the response.
In addition, SBC 5110 CDRs can be fed into Ribbon Analytics to assist in determining potential robocall or fraud call attempts.
Features & Benefits
For the ultimate network security and unparalleled interoperability, look at the Ribbon SBC 5110.
- True multimedia SBC support for audio, video and collaboration with advanced security, priority, identity and service quality capabilities – without compromising performance or scale
- No loss in performance or scale with all product features enabled and operational at the same time, including encryption
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interworking
- Modular DSP design to meet the demands of real-time communications
- Complete protection from attack and theft of service; delivers high performance even during DoS attacks
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with no other upgrades required
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- JITC and FIPS-140-2 certified
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication and verification
- Support for Ribbon Call Trust, by enabling the feed of CDRs to Ribbon Analytics for robocall and fraud detection