SBC 5210 - Session Border Controller
Service providers and enterprises rely on the Ribbon SBC 5210 to protect their real-time communication networks. The Ribbon SBC 5210 secures, simplifies and standardizes real-time, SIP-based multimedia sessions – including Voice over IP (VoIP) and video – for truly unified communications.
The award-winning Ribbon SBC 5210 platform is continually recognized for its high performance metrics and industry-leading capacity of 64,000 concurrent sessions.
The SBC 5210 plays an important role as an enabler for our customer’s implementation of STIR/SHAKEN. The SBC 5210 interworks with call controllers and the Ribbon PSX to support caller authentication or verification requests and update the information in the SIP message per the response.
In addition, SBC 5210 CDRs can be fed into Ribbon Analytics to assist in determining potential robocall or fraud call attempts.
Features & Benefits
For ultimate network security and unparalleled interoperability, look at the Ribbon SBC 5210.
- True multimedia SBC support for audio, video and collaboration with advanced security, priority, identity and service quality capabilities – without compromising performance or scale
- All product features may be enabled and operational at the same time, including encryption
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interworking
- Modular DSP design to meet the demands of real-time communications
- Complete protection from attack and theft of service; delivers high performance even during DoS attacks
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with noother upgrades required
- Embedded policy and routing to provide enhanced network optimization
- Can be deployed as an interconnect SBC between two service provider networks, as an access SBC between a service provider’s core and access networks, and as an enterprise SBC for secure SIP trunking
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- JITC and FIPS-140-2 certified
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication and verification
- Support for Ribbon Call Trust, by enabling the feed of CDRs to Ribbon Analytics for robocall and fraud detection