The Ribbon Session Border Controller Software Edition Lite (SBC SWe Lite) is a virtualized enterprise SBC designed for small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs), providing interworking, security and survivability for Unified Communications.
Ribbon’s SBC SWe Lite can act as a virtual customer premises equipment (vCPE) that grows with your VoIP implementation. With remote installation and feature activation via a simple license key, SWe Lite can be easily deployed and updated without the need for on-site technicians or disruption to operations during peak business hours.
The SBC SWe Lite shares a common code base with the Miercom “Performance Verified” SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 products. It interworks with a wide variety of third party SIP voice infrastructure devices/services while providing reliable, scalable performance that ensures maximum service availability.
Features & Benefits
The Ribbon SBC SWe Lite provides a robust set of session border controller features on a small footprint, giving SMBs the flexibility to adapt and grow as their needs arise.
- Optimized for a highly-constrained CPU and RAM environment; built-in media transcoding capability
- Advanced call routing features including Active Directory integration and onboard call forking
- Built in SIP Registrar that extends site survivability to SIP clients
- Reliably and repeatedly scales to maximum capacity without reboots, call drops, or other system anomalies
- Complete protection from security attacks and theft of service from malformed packets, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) messages
- The same simple, intuitive user and provisioning interface as the Ribbon SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 provides a seamless path to virtualization