The PSX SWe is a virtual and cloud-native version of the PSX. It provides the same features, exceptional scalability and centralized policy/traffic control as hardware-based PSX for both SIP and legacy network elements, including SBCs, media gateways and soft-switches. The PSX SWe can be deployed in any service provider’s traditional or IMS network. It also fits seamlessly into a service provider Network Function Virtualization (NFV) strategy, with support for OpenStack-based service orchestration.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-featured policy engine can be deployed co-resident with other applications using commercial-off-the-shelf platforms in virtual and cloud environments
- Intelligently manage communication sessions routing paths, priority and admission control based on policies, including media type, source/destination and time of day/week
- Integrate multi-vendor environments across both SIP and legacy domains
- Highly redundant architecture deliver 99.999% availability—even during peak loads of millions of calls per hour
- OpenStack support for on-demand instantiation of PSX instances and support service orchestration to easily service chain policy control with session management
- Single point provisioning and distributed call processing simplifies operation, reduces potential provisioning errors and increases scale and performance.