Operators around the world looking to increase their revenues by monetizing their data assets face a great number of challenges including which use cases and customers they should focus on for the highest return, how to comply with their customer privacy policies, and how to create an entire new business sales and marketing channel.
The Ribbon Analytics “Monetization” applications enable you to monetize usage data and location information internally with your marketing departments or with third parties, while fully complying with subscriber privacy policies. Ribbon Analytics uniquely goes beyond traditional software based solutions and provides end-to-end marketing and sales services so operators can immediately realize new revenues. The Ribbon Monetization applications include:
- MARKETING ANALYTICS - providing aggregate web and application usage analytics reporting to enable carrier marketing and product teams to gain visibility into mobile network traffic composition and trends. Detailed metrics and select drill-downs are provided across a range of dimensions such as web destination brands, applications, devices, networks, gateway locations, carrier-provided subscriber demographics and the Ribbon content categorization application.
- CHURN - provides carriers with a daily list of subscribers with a high propensity to churn, based on patterns observed in usage data. This is meant to augment carrier's existing churn models.
- SUBSCRIBER PROFILE - provides session-level, daily or monthly subscriber level usage analytics to marketing, product and pricing teams in order to view detailed subscriber usage and use the enriched Ribbon Analytics usage information to externally model different behaviors, trends, usage distributions and pricing/usage plans.
- CONTENT CATEGORIZATION – provides analysis of HTTP, HTTPS, and/or Flow event records to enrich URL/domains/IP addresses with Category/Sub-Category (e.g. iAB labeling) and publisher identifications via Ribbon Analytics catalogues and patented “Dynamic Learning” technologies.
- CDN/CLOUD PUBLISHER - provides analysis of HTTP, HTTPS, and/or Flow event records to enrich CDN/Cloud identified URL/domains/IP addresses with actual publisher/customer identification via Ribbon Analytics catalogues and patented “Dynamic Learning” technologies.
- ADID DISCOVERY - provides analysis of HTTP, HTTPS, and/or Flow event records to enrich subscriber sessions with associated Advertising Identifier (e.g. Apple IDFAs, Google ADID, etc) via Ribbon Analytics catalogues and patented “Dynamic Learning” technologies.
- SUBSCRIBER MONITOR (Parental Controls) - provides daily subscriber level usage information in support of enabling carrier branded parental controls or enterprise user monitoring as revenue generating services. Detailed subscriber usage information is provided such as applications, web destinations and general categories of content usage.
- CRM - enables carriers to obtain demographic inferences for subscribers. Age group and gender are inferred based upon historical subscriber usage.
- ADVERTISING - provides subscriber advertising attributes for either internal advertising teams or external 3rd party ad network partners for use in media planning or ad targeting. Ribbon’s Privacy DialTMcontrols in the platform process an ingested opt-in list of subscribers that limits the output delivered typically as a daily platform extract.
- CAMPAIGN - provides analytics tracking of campaign advertising or promotions that are launched for a limited period of time by either internal marketing teams or external campaign sponsors or advertising partners. Detailed campaign metrics are generated from ingested HTTP usage logs that provides a campaign summary over the duration of the campaign as well as device report breakouts and a campaign audience analysis.
- DATA BROKERING - provides a means to enable carriers to operationalize the exporting of aggregate or subscriber level HTTP analytics data to a number of 3rd parties in support of their data monetization strategies. Ribbon’s Privacy DialTMcontrols in the platform process subscriber opt-in or opt-out rules as well as filtering of the amount and frequency of analytics data provided to 3rd parties as platform extracts according to defined business relationships with each 3rd party.
- PUBLISHER - enables carriers to offer detailed web and application analytics to 3rd party publishers to provide in-depth into the mobile usage for their brands. Publishers are provided detailed metrics for aggregate mobile usage for their brand and breakdowns across a range of dimensions such as different forms of a publisher's content, device access, gateway locations, carrier-provided subscriber demographics and benchmarking of peer brands in similar content categories.
- MVNO - provides aggregate web and application usage analytics reporting to enable carriers and their MVNO partners to gain visibility into mobile network traffic composition and trends. Carriers can view MVNO usage metrics across their wholesale MVNO partners and provide a service to enable web portal access for each of their MVNOs to view their own mobile usage.