Service providers and large enterprises are facing a torrent of insatiable demand for multimedia communications applications across global markets. The foundational strength of the Ribbon SBC 7000 is its ability to support high capacity requirements for real-time, multimedia Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) traffic.
The SBC 7000 can scale up to 150,000 sessions via simple software licenses, allowing operational teams to expand capacity in days, not months. The SBC 7000’s massive scale empowers service providers and large enterprises to leave behind traditional “racking and stacking” of small capacity SBCs to accommodate customer growth, resulting in faster time-to-market and reduced operational expenses.
The Ribbon SBC 7000 is the industry’s highest scale SBC with fully enabled security, media and transcoding features. It supports nearly 10 times more Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions than any other SBC on the market.
Features & Benefits
- A proven platform designed from the same common network core architecture found across the Ribbon SBC SWe and SBC 5000 portfolio
- Customized, built-in media transcoding firmware that no other SBC vendor can offer; transcoding capacity nearly two times greater than competitive platforms
- Software-licensable up to 150,000 sessions, delivering unparalleled performance and session capacity nearly two times greater than competitive solutions
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interoperation
- Complete protection from attack and theft of service; supports nearly 10 times greater Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP) sessions than competitive products
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with no other upgrades required
- Embedded policy and routing to provide enhanced network optimization
- Can be deployed as an interconnect SBC between two service provider networks, as an access SBC between a service provider’s core and access networks, and as an enterprise SBC for secure SIP trunking
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- FIPS-140-2 certified