Ribbon Application Server
The Ribbon Application Server is the core of a Ribbon enterprise UC solution, it can be deployed stand-alone or in concert with a C20 Call Controller or CS 2100. It simplifies and enriches the user experience by providing fully-featured, IP-based unified communication applications. It integrates voice, video, instant messaging, presence, mobility, conferencing and collaboration over any network and any device, including mobile and tablet devices, WebRTC-based web clients, PCs, Macs, and IP phones. The Ribbon Application Server is SIP-based so it does not require proprietary business phones.
Most IP PBXs require call server hardware in multiple regional sites to support more than a few thousand users. The Ribbon Application Server’s carrier heritage enables it to scale to two million users across geographically redundant servers. This massive scale is ideal for enterprises that are seeking a centralized private cloud deployment model to better leverage their data infrastructure investment. JITC certification assures the AS is secure and compelling for government deployments.
The Ribbon Telephony Application Server platform is one of the world's most widely-deployed voice and multimedia UC solutions, with over 27 million lines shipped. It is a key enabler of most of Ribbon's solutions including C20 Call Session Controller, Kandy Business Solutions, Smart Office hosted UC solutions as well as enterprise CS 2100 deployments.
Ribbon Session Border Controller
Ribbon has an extensive portfolio of Session Border Controllers to meet the security and interworking requirements of any sized enterprise or government deployment. To simplify SIP communications and ensure a migration path from existing PBXs, ACDs and other investments an SBC ensures interoperability between SIP and other signaling protocols. Ribbon's SBCs provide TDM - SIP and SIP-SIP interworking; extensive interoperability testing with SIP trunking providers and 3rd party PBXs, IP phones and other devices; IPv4 to IPv6 interoperability.
Premise-Based Unified Communications Advantages
- Deploy an all-new solution or leverage session border controllers and an intelligent session control solution to migrate existing PBX and IP PBX deployments over time
- Comprehensive UC feature set including video, HD VoIP, multimedia conferencing and collaboration, unified messaging, and screen sharing
- Wide-ranging client support including smartphones, tablets, WebRTC-compliant browsers, PCs and Macs
- Avoid vendor lock-in with support for multi-vendor SIP-based endpoints and network elements
- Simple, per-user, licensing assures solution extensibility
- Ribbon professional services teams and our authorized resellers have migrated some of the largest enterprises in the world