Saving Money without Compromising Security
Nearly half of all enterprises have adopted IP-based communication to replace T1s, PRI or analog lines. SIP trunking gives organizations a compelling way of leveraging their data bandwidth spend for voice communications. Using IP also eliminates the distance limitations of TDM or analog connectivity, making it easier to centralize and rationalize trunking capacity in multi-site environments. The combination of connectivity savings, capacity savings and the opportunity to increase total spend with a single bandwidth/SIP trunking provider can result in dramatic savings. Ribbon has multiple solutions to simplify the transition to SIP trunks as well as maximize cost savings.
Leveraging the same infrastructure for voice and data offers compelling ROI. Most organizations have already invested heavily in securing their data communications and their data network infrastructure. However, in many cases that same level of diligence has not been part of their SIP trunking and unified communications deployments. Ribbon can help, with security solutions designed to protect both business communications and access to communication infrastructure on the shared network.
Ribbon SBCs deliver robust SIP trunk signaling and media security including traffic policing, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and blocking, along with rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) protection. Choose from highly scalable solutions for centralized locations or cost-effective branch office options.
Multiple Tools to Unify Sites and Solutions
Ribbon Session Management platforms can unify disparate PBX and contact centers platforms, creating centralized policies and dial plans. Unlike traditional enterprise solutions, Ribbon's carrier heritage provides solutions that scale across an entire enterprise. This can be especially compelling for organizations transitioning to Microsoft Teams or Skype for Business.
Features & Benefits
Ribbon's solutions for SIP trunking serve as the cornerstone of an IP-based communications infrastructure that secures communications while enabling dramatic advances in the efficiency. Deliver innovative services to customers and employees.
- Complete security for signaling and media, including traffic policing, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and blocking, and rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) protection.Preventing unauthorized third parties from accessing your UC network by hiding network addresses and names.
- Save staff time by setting routing and dial plan policies in one place, for the entire network.
- Ensure privacy by enabling encryption of media (SRTP) and signaling (IPSec/TLS), without sacrificing scalability.
- Improve interoperability by mediating SIP communications between different devices. While SIP is an industry-standard protocol, implementation variances between devices can create interoperability headaches.
- Extend investment value by easily scaling capacity requirements as voice and video demands increase.