Ribbon's C3 Call Session Controller, is an intelligent multi-application call server and media gateway control platform for IMS & Non-IMS deployments. Deployed globally at the core of many operator networks, the C3 media gateway controller provides service convergence and feature transparency across a wide range of wireless, wireline, TDM, and IP networks. Solutions supported by the C3 include IPX, Peering, Intra-Network Interconnect, MGCF, MRFC, Gateway MSC, and IP Transcoding and Media Adaptation.
The highly-scalable C3 media gateway controller operates in small, large, and geo-redundant configurations to millions of Busy Hour Call Attempts. Operators can grow capacity as needed by simply adding pairs of C3 nodes to a deployed system.
C3 Call Controller Features
- Versatile call session / media gateway / media server controller and signaling gateway for ILECs/PTTs, AOs, CLECs, Wholesale, and Mobile operators
- Flexibility for standalone deployments and interoperable with IMS cores
- Globally-deployed and market-proven, with carrier-grade redundancy and geo-diversity
- Supports IPX, Peering, MGCF, MRFC, Gateway MSC, Intra-Network Interconnect, and IP Transcoding and Media Adaptation solutions
- Advanced transit and routing services to replace legacy TDM Class 4 and International Gateway infrastructures
- Green Technology providing significant space, cooling and power cost reductions