Telegate Deploys Sonus’ Virtualized SBC in the Amazon Cloud for its Peering Network
Sonus SBC SWe Provides Telegate with a Secure, Cost Effective Solution for Unified SIP Interconnect Management
For Immediate Release: February 23, 2017
- Telegate selected the Sonus SBC SWe for its peering network due to Sonus’ robust carrier grade reliability and virtual, Cloud-optimized footprint.
- Telegate seamlessly deployed the SBC SWe in the Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud, reducing installation time to hours.
- Sonus’ SBC SWe is a Cloud-optimized solution that scales as Telegate’s business grows.
WESTFORD, Mass. – Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in securing Cloud and real-time communications, announced today that Telegate, a leading telecom solutions provider in the Asia-Pacific region, selected the Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe) to secure and control its peering network. The SBC SWe provides Telegate with simplified management of its carrier interconnect business, robust reliability, and a reduced hardware footprint.
With customers in 12 different countries across Asia and offices in Australia, Singapore and the Philippines, Telegate empowers businesses to succeed by providing access to the most advanced, state-of-the-art VoIP communication and networking services in the marketplace today.
As the industry continues to move to all IP networks, service providers, like Telegate, must overcome interoperability, security and routing challenges when connecting independent networks at scale. For this reason, Telegate is investing in Sonus to enhance control of its peering network.
The SBC SWe’s flexible virtual footprint has allowed Telegate to seamlessly deploy it in the AWS Cloud in a matter of hours, instead of a less flexible installation of a legacy hardware solution. By deploying the SBC SWe, Telegate now has a coordinated approach to managing its global interconnection and can scale with a simple license upgrade as demands grow. This simplifies Telgate’s architecture and ensures its customer have one point of interconnect contact for all queries.
“Telegate strives to raise the bar to exceed the demands of business in Australia and across the globe,” said Tristan Plummer, CEO, Telegate. “The deployment of the Sonus SBC SWe helps us accomplish that task by delivering high levels of reliability, security and quality of service when interconnecting our network with leading Tier 1 carriers.”
“The Sonus SBC SWe was architected as a solution that sits at the border between carriers and provides an intelligent and secure interconnection between partner networks,” said Brad Chalker, senior principal product manager, Sonus. “By deploying the SBC SWe in the AWS public Cloud for its peering network, Telegate reinforces the reality that the Cloud is ready for reliable, carrier-grade real-time communications.”
- Telegate adds to Sonus’ growing list of customers who are deploying the SBC SWe in the AWS public Cloud.
- With a Miercom certification, the SBC SWe provides a Cloud-optimized approach for SIP session management, security and resiliency that delivers the same robust experience as Sonus’ hardware-based SBCs.
- With the inherent architectural design of the Sonus SBC SWe, carriers such as Telegate dispel the myth that real-time communications cannot be deployed reliably in the Cloud.
- Download a free copy of the Miercom report, Sonus SBC SWe Session Border Controller Independent Performance Verification.
- Learn more about Sonus’ Cloud and virtualization solutions.
- Read more about the SBC SWe.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. For more information, visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS. Follow Sonus on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus’ business, please refer to the “Risk Factors” section of Sonus’ most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus’ views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus’ views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.