What We Do?
Ribbon helps the world's leading communications service providers and enterprises embrace the next generation of communications technologies including , cloud-based communications ("Cloud"), Internet Protocol ("IP"), Session Initiation Protocol ("SIP"), Voice over LTE Long Term Evolution ("VoLTE"), Voice over Internet Protocol ("VoIP"), Unified Communications ("UC"), Web-based Real Time Communications ("WebRTC"), Edge Computing, Software-Defined WAN ("SD-WAN"), Analytics, Communications Platform as a Service ("CPaaS"), Applications Programming Interfaces ("APIs") and Embedded Communications. With more than a thousand customers around the globe and 20 years of experience transforming and securing networks, Ribbon enables service providers and enterprises to transform their communications networks, quickly deploy new communications services, and capture and retain customers and generate significant related return on investment.
Download: CPaaS Whitepaper >
Ribbon's industry-leading product portfolio ranges from session border controllers ("SBCs") for service providers and enterprises, intelligent edge with SD-WAN, Network Edge Orchestration, policy and routing, call controllers or softswitches, media gateways, applications platforms, communications clients, and signaling controllers to cloud communications "as a Service" solutions that include Communications Platform as a Service ("CPaaS") and Unified Communications as a Service ("UCaaS"). The company's comprehensive portfolio also includes unrivaled end-to-end service assurance, security, fraud management and analytics solutions. All of these solutions are supported by a global services team with extensive experience in design, deployment and maintenance of some of the world's largest IP networks.
The company is also focused on providing secure carrier-class enterprise communications capabilities to industry verticals including the financial, government, education and healthcare sectors. All of these industries already benefit from Ribbon's secure, unified, reliable and embedded communications capabilities, which enhance their ability to collaborate and improve productivity.
Download: SBC Portfolio >
Kandy is Ribbon's disruptive white-label, carrier-grade cloud communications platform providing Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS). Kandy allows any business to easily add voice, video, messaging, presence, and collaboration capabilities directly into their mobile and web applications via APIs. It is a real-time Software as a Service (SaaS) platform built from Ribbon's core communications, presence, security and real-time communications technologies. Kandy enables service providers, enterprises, software vendors and partners to offer their own CPaaS or UCaaS, or overlay existing UCaaS environments, enriching customer applications and services with real-time contextual communications, providing a more engaging user experience. With Kandy, companies of all sizes and types can quickly embed real-time communications capabilities into their existing applications and business processes.
We Are Ribbon - We're Here to Help
Our Customers and Partners
Ribbon has customers in virtually every region of the world including North America, Central and Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. Some of Ribbon's customers include leading service providers like BT, Verizon, CenturyLink, Deutsche Telekom, Softbank, TalkTalk and Tata along with large enterprises like the US Department of Defense, the University of Texas at Austin, The City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Public Library.
Ribbon takes products to market via service providers, channel partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
Ribbon also boasts a world-class ecosystem of technology partners including global brands like Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, IBM, Intel and Polycom.
What's in a Name?
The Ribbon name reflects the company's mission to deliver an unparalleled suite of best-in-class solutions and services to its growing list of global customers and partners. Ribbon Communications embodies the company's ambition to continue moving the real-time communications industry forward. Ribbon isn't just about connecting point "a" to point "b." It is about encompassing the ability to ensure our contact points are elegantly and seamlessly simple to create, manage and monitor. With the world more complexly woven together than ever before, the real-time communications we rely on must become a more comprehensive, engaging, contextual and all-encompassing experience. That is what Ribbon stands for. Born to serve as the real-time communications pivoting point for our lives, Ribbon serves as the connection across all of our worlds.
- 2018 – Ribbon Acquires Edgewater Networks
- 2017 - Sonus and GENBAND Merge to form Ribbon Communications, a Global Leader in Real-time Communications and Security Solutions
- 2016 – Sonus Acquires Taqua
- 2016 – GENBAND Application Server Receives Department of Defense JITC Certification
- 2016 - Kandy Introduces Kandy Wrappers
- 2015 - GENBAND listed as CNBC Disruptor50 (based on Kandy)
- 2015 – Sonus Completely Virtualizes Product Portfolio
- 2014 - GENBAND Launches Kandy Platform-as-a-Service
- 2014 – Sonus Acquires Performance Technologies (moves into diameter market)
- 2013 - GENBAND Acquires fring (OTT)
- 2013 – Sonus Launches SBC SWe; Named a Leader in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant for SBCs" for Second Consecutive Year
- 2012 - GENBAND Ranked No.1 on The Wall Street Journal List of Top 50 Venture Backed Companies
- 2012 - GENBAND Acquires Aztek Networks (IP Switching)
- 2012 – Sonus Acquires Network Equipment Technologies
- 2011 - Infonetics Report: Sonus the Fastest Growing SBC Solution on the Market
- 2011 - GENBAND Acquires Cedar Point Communications (IP Switching for Cable Market)
- 2010 - GENBAND Named #1 Supplier in the Global Service Provider VoIP Market (Softswitches, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Media Servers and Applications)
- 2010 - GENBAND Acquires Nortel Carrier Voice and Applications Solutions
- 2009 - GENBAND Acquires Nokia Siemens Networks Product Units (Trunking Media Gateways)
- 2008 - GENBAND Acquires NextPoint Networks (SBC/Security)
- 2007 - GENBAND Acquires TEKELEC Switching Solutions Group (IP Switching)
- 2007 – Sonus Surpasses One Trillion VoIP Minutes; Named "Outstanding Vendor" by AT&T
- 2006 – Sonus Announces First Session Border Controller, SBC 9000; Named a Leader in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant for Softswitch Architecture"
- 2006 - General Bandwidth becomes GENBAND
- 2006 - GENBAND Acquires Siemens DCO Business (IP Switching)
- 2004 – Sonus Surpasses 500 billion VoIP minutes
- 1999 – General Bandwidth founded
- 1998 – Sonus Unveils World's First Carrier-Class IP Telephony Switch, GSX 9000
- 1997 – Sonus Networks founded