Ribbon By the Numbers
Ribbon Corporate Profile Brochure
Learn what Ribbon can do for Your Business!
We Are Ribbon - We're Here to Help
Enterprise and Service Provider Communication Software and Products
Our Customers and Partners
Ribbon has customers in virtually every region of the world including North America, Central and Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe and the Middle East. Some of Ribbon's customers include leading service providers like BT, Verizon, CenturyLink, Deutsche Telekom, Softbank, TalkTalk and Tata along with large enterprises like the US Department of Defense, the University of Texas at Austin, The City of Los Angeles and the Los Angeles Public Library.
Ribbon takes products to market via service providers, channel partners and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
Ribbon also boasts a world-class ecosystem of technology partners including global brands like Microsoft, Amazon Web Services, IBM, Intel and Polycom.
What's in a Name?
The Ribbon name reflects the company's mission to deliver an unparalleled suite of best-in-class solutions and services to its growing list of global customers and partners. Ribbon Communications embodies the company's ambition to continue moving the real-time communications industry forward. Ribbon isn't just about connecting point "a" to point "b." It is about encompassing the ability to ensure our contact points are elegantly and seamlessly simple to create, manage and monitor. With the world more complexly woven together than ever before, the real-time communications we rely on must become a more comprehensive, engaging, contextual and all-encompassing experience. That is what Ribbon stands for. Born to serve as the real-time communications pivoting point for our lives, Ribbon serves as the connection across all of our worlds.
- 2020 – Ribbon Merges with ECI Telecom
- 2019 – Ribbon Acquires Anova Data
- 2018 – Ribbon Acquires Edgewater Networks
- 2017 - Sonus and GENBAND Merge to form Ribbon Communications, a Global Leader in Real-time Communications and Security Solutions
- 2016 – Sonus Acquires Taqua
- 2016 – GENBAND Application Server Receives Department of Defense JITC Certification
- 2016 - Kandy Introduces Kandy Wrappers
- 2015 - GENBAND listed as CNBC Disruptor50 (based on Kandy)
- 2015 – Sonus Completely Virtualizes Product Portfolio
- 2014 - GENBAND Launches Kandy Platform-as-a-Service
- 2014 – Sonus Acquires Performance Technologies (moves into diameter market)
- 2013 - GENBAND Acquires fring (OTT)
- 2013 – Sonus Launches SBC SWe; Named a Leader in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant for SBCs" for Second Consecutive Year
- 2012 - GENBAND Ranked No.1 on The Wall Street Journal List of Top 50 Venture Backed Companies
- 2012 - GENBAND Acquires Aztek Networks (IP Switching)
- 2012 – Sonus Acquires Network Equipment Technologies
- 2011 - Infonetics Report: Sonus the Fastest Growing SBC Solution on the Market
- 2011 - GENBAND Acquires Cedar Point Communications (IP Switching for Cable Market)
- 2010 - GENBAND Named #1 Supplier in the Global Service Provider VoIP Market (Softswitches, Media Gateways, Session Border Controllers, Media Servers and Applications)
- 2010 - GENBAND Acquires Nortel Carrier Voice and Applications Solutions
- 2009 - GENBAND Acquires Nokia Siemens Networks Product Units (Trunking Media Gateways)
- 2008 - GENBAND Acquires NextPoint Networks (SBC/Security)
- 2007 - GENBAND Acquires TEKELEC Switching Solutions Group (IP Switching)
- 2007 – Sonus Surpasses One Trillion VoIP Minutes; Named "Outstanding Vendor" by AT&T
- 2006 – Sonus Announces First Session Border Controller, SBC 9000; Named a Leader in Gartner's "Magic Quadrant for Softswitch Architecture"
- 2006 - General Bandwidth becomes GENBAND
- 2006 - GENBAND Acquires Siemens DCO Business (IP Switching)
- 2004 – Sonus Surpasses 500 billion VoIP minutes
- 1999 – General Bandwidth founded
- 1998 – Sonus Unveils World's First Carrier-Class IP Telephony Switch, GSX 9000
- 1997 – Sonus Networks founded