Ribbon's C15 Call Controller supports a wide variety of standard protocols, interfaces, and features to concurrently enable both IP and legacy services for Class 5 replacement, including HD voice, Centrex, web portal, mobility, video calling, call logging, integrated voice mail, AMA collection, IP PBX, LNP, E911, and CALEA. The C15 provides integrated SIP call session control, session border control, and TDM gateways for seamless inter-working between VoIP and TDM subscribers. It also integrates with other elements of the Ribbon portfolio including media gateways and session border controllers, to support a broad range of residential and business services.
The C15 reduces CapEx and leverages existing fixed access by connecting to line frames and peripherals of switches such as DMS 10 and DMS 100, as well as MSANs and other IP-based access, enabling operators to effectively discard their TDM switch cores and move customers to the SIP and IMS services cloud.
The C15 serves an important role in establishing trust context in relationship to STIR/SHAKEN and Ribbon Call TrustTM. In the originating network, the C15 provides origination attestation and tagging and in the terminating network, it provides termination verification reporting.
The C15 is one element of Ribbon's portfolio of solutions for rural and regional providers, learn more on our rural & regional service provider solutions page
C15 Call Controller Benefits
- Globally deployed and market-proven, with carrier-grade redundancy
- Economical to 100,000 lines, with convenient and scalable core and port modules
- Green technology footprint with potential for 90% or greater power savings
- Advanced IP applications for new revenue including HD voice, softphone clients, one number service with mobility, and unified voicemail
- Open standards interfaces and extensive CPE and partner interoperability
- ESA capability allows port modules and gateways to be distributed to remote locations without fear of a cable or fiber cut
- Simplified web-based OAM with flexible, standards-based OSS and billing
- Support for STIR/SHAKEN origination attestation and tagging and termination verification reporting