SBC Software Edition (SBC SWe)
Ribbon's SBC Software Edition (SWe) is identical software to its award-winning SBC 5000 series and SBC 7000 product – without the appliance. Ribbon's virtualization strategy capitalizes on its heritage of enabling secure, reliable and scaleable real-time communications.
With the cloud native SBC SWe,enterprises can be sure they will be able to use secure real-time communications on almost any private or public cloud environment without compromising scale and performance – and without needing a truck roll. Enterprises further save by not having to spend CapEx for an appliance that may have unused capacity and gain flexibility by allocating virtual / cloud resources on demand.
The SBC SWe provides robust interworking for multiple signaling protocols, call admission control to manage traffic levels, multiple security features to protect privacy and ensure regulatory compliance, media (RTP) packet processing, and audio transcoding.
Enterprises can choose to deploy SBC Swe on their own private cloud or utilize a public cloud provider to support unified communications, conferencing and collaboration services, and contact centers. SBC SWe is deployable
- Achieve much faster time-to-market than having to procure, install, and implement the required compute, networking and storage infrastructure on a private cloud or a data center
- Reduce operating costs by eliminating the need for ongoing maintenance of the cloud infrastructure because the public cloud provider handles this now
- Gain flexibility and cost control when scaling SBC capacity, because public cloud resources are available on a subscription basis.
The SBC SWe is available through the AWS Marketplace using a Bring Your Own License or Pay-As-You-Go model making it simple to access, instantiate and deploy on AWS. Pay-As-You_Go licensing is available through qualified Ribbon resellers. Potential customers looking for a preset configuration of the SBC SWe and a FreePBX server for basic testing can find the SBC SWe as an AWS Quick Start.
For more details on an AWS deployment read our
The SBC SWe Pay-As-You-Go license model is intended if you need to deploy an SBC for Amazon Chime Voice Connector, the AWS’ SIP trunking service that offers a secure, global calling service with pay-as-you-go pricing and no upfront fees. The SBC SWe provides Amazon Chime customers security, high availability and interoperability for Voice over IP (VoIP) traffic being sent to and from Amazon Chime Voice Connector. This includes support for Direct Routing for Microsoft Teams.
For more details on our support for Amazon Chime Voice Connector, download our solution brief “Ribbon SBC SWe Supports AWS Chime Voice Connector” or read our
Features & Benefits
- Same code base used in Ribbon's SBC 5000 and 7000 series, and proven Ribbon SBC feature set
- Deploy on KVM, VMware in a datacenter/private cloud
- Deploy on public clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Media transcoding capability using CPUs or industry-leading GPUs to scale for high-density transcoding
- Certified for Microsoft Phone System Direct Routing, Skype for Business, Lync 2013 and Lync 2010
- Support for network functions virtualization (NFV) service chaining with Ribbon's centralized call routing and policy management, providing network-wide intelligence and control
- Robust interworking tools for multiple signaling protocols (SIP, H.323 & over 80 international signaling variants) as well as both IPv4 and IPv6 devices
- SIP Message Manipulation (SMM) allows legacy voice applications to continue working
- Call Admission Control (CAC) to deny excessive calls based on session establishment rate per trunk group
- Enhanced security/encryption services to protect privacy and ensure compliance
- Data source for integrated analytics of network traffic to drive orchestration of virtual SBC instances
- Network wide licensing flexibility
- JITC and FIPS-140-02 certified
- Available through AWS Marketplace, support either Bring Your Own License or Pay-As-You-Go model