This Cloud Services Acceptable Use Policy (the "Policy") describes prohibited uses of the cloud subscription services (the “Services”) offered by Ribbon Communications Inc. and its affiliates (individually and collectively “Ribbon”) and the website, or portal, if any, associated with the Services (the "Services Site"). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. Ribbon may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on www.ribboncommunications.com. By using the Services or accessing the Services Site, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, Ribbon may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Services Site for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use, the Services or Services Site for any illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, fraudulent, infringing or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child pornography, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes child pornography, or depicts non-consensual sex acts.
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
- Illegal Export. Exporting software, technical information, encryption software or technology, in violation of international or regional export control laws.
- Data Privacy Misuse. Using any Personal Information or Personal Data in violation of and as defined by applicable privacy laws and regulations.
You further represent that the Service shall not be used for, or in connection with, nuclear activities, the development of biological or chemical weapons, missiles, unmanned aerial vehicles, to support terrorist activities, organized crime or in any other way that would violate U.S. export controls or economic sanctions laws. Use of the Service or Services Site is limited to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP-IP packet headers, e-mail headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
- Revealing your account password to others or allowing use of your account by others, including to family and other household members when work is being done at home, or otherwise circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling. Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS). Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference. Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services. Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions. Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations placed on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No E-Mail or Other Message Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate the sending of unsolicited mass e-mail or other messages, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate any form of harassment via email, telephone or paging, whether through language, frequency, or size of messages. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Monitoring and Enforcement
Ribbon reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Services Site. Ribbon may:
- investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Services or Services Site; or
- remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Services or the Services Site.
Ribbon may report any activity that it suspects violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Ribbon’s reporting may include lawfully required disclosure of Customer and Subscriber information. Ribbon also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you, or any of your subscribers, become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify Ribbon and provide Ribbon with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please email email@example.com.