SBC 7000 Attributes
- Superior scalability: The capacity of the SBC 7000 can be easily expanded up to 150,000 concurrent sessions by simply upgrading software licensing.
- Carrier-grade: Enterprises get to take advantage of the reliability and high availability that was designed to meet the stringent requirements of service providers.
- Unparalleled performance: Competitive SBCs lose as much as half their call capacity when encryption is turned on for media (RTP) streams. However, the SBC 7000 easily supports just as many encrypted secure RTP sessions as it does with unencrypted media sessions.
- Robust security: Third party functional testing, under the condition of a Denial of Service (DoS) flood attack on SIP-signaling and media ports, showed these attacks were successfully deflected and no legitimate calls were dropped.
- Verified interoperability: Certified SIP interoperability with industry leading UCaaS and CCaaS solutions as well as multiple IP PBX vendors.
- UCaaS certifications: As part the complete SBC portfolio, the SBC 5400 is certified for Microsoft Teams and can be deployed to enable Teams Direct Routing. It is additionally certified for Skype for Business and also for UCaaS providers Zoom and Ring Central.
- US government certifications: JITC and FIPS-140-2 certified.
Zoom Phone Local Survivability - ZPLS
Ribbon SBCs are certified to work in concert with Zoom Phone Local Survivability Software (ZPLS). Zoom’s ZPLS software is deployed on-site to provide basic calling services, if the Zoom cloud is unreachable. The software works in concert with a Ribbon SBC to provide local access to telecom services (PSTN) – via locally terminated SIP trunks or using traditional analog/digital PSTN lines. The ZPLS software is deployed on a virtual server and remotely managed by Zoom to make deployment easy. If the Zoom cloud is unavailable, ZPLS enables intra-site calling (including directory-based calling). Ribbon’s SBCs add PSTN access so users can place and receive calls to/from anywhere – keeping employees connected and customers happy. It’s an ideal solution to assure emergency services access at schools, healthcare facilities, or any other mission-critical organization. Learn more from our Blog Post
Managing SBC 7000
Ribbon’s SBC 7000 is managed from a centralized Ribbon Application Management Platform (RAMP) solution, offering a complete set of Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security features. By delivering intuitive, reliable, scalable, and automated management, an enterprise can quickly configure SBCs, identify and remediate issues, deliver improved customer experience, and do so at reduced operational costs.
Ribbon Application Management Platform is designed using cloud-native principles and can be deployed in multiple data centers and public or private cloud environments, in standalone or high availability configurations, including options for geographic redundancy.Download our RAMP Datasheet