STIR/SHAKEN as a Service
STIR/SHAKEN as a Service - is a standards-compliant solution providing real-time caller authentication (signing), verification, and certificate repository services. STIR/SHAKEN as Service is comprised of the following:
- Authentication Service – provides signed assertion for a caller’s identity, used in the originating service provider’s network
- Verification Service - Used by the terminating service provider to verify the originating callers identity based on a STIR/SHAKEN signature
- Certificate Repository Service – used to host STIR/SHAKEN public-key certificates owned by originating service providers. These certificates are used by terminating service providers during call verification.
Reputation Scoring - provides multi-dimensional reputation scores and guidance for call validation treatment in real-time on a per-call basis to mitigate telephony fraud, nuisance, and robocalls. Reputation Scoring is comprised of the following:
- Fraud Scoring - provides a reputation score indicating the likelihood of a call being fraudulent based on Ribbon-supplied databases, STIR/SHAKEN verification outcome, in-network fraud insights from Ribbon Analytics, and customer-provided data sources such as allow lists, deny lists, fraud lists, and do-not-originate lists.
- Nuisance Scoring - provides a reputation score indicating the likelihood of a call being a telemarketing or nuisance call based on Ribbon-supplied databases and STIR/SHAKEN verification outcome.
- Call Treatment - provides the ability to add or manipulate the caller display name based on nuisance and/or fraud scores to alert the called party of potential spam or malicious intent.
Ribbon Identity Hub
Ribbon Identity Hub is designed as an open ecosystem with open APIs to feed data into Machine Learning models, using both real-time and non-real time data. Open APIs enable data integration as follows:
- Real-time queries of 3rd party transactional policy information, such as real-time attestation of caller identity from Ribbon STI.
- Collection of non-real time, 3rd party policy data that can be crowdsourced, carrier-based, or subscriber provided
- Integration of robocall and fraud information from Ribbon Analytics, based on analysis of network and call traffic (CDRs, KPIs)
- Real-time policy requests from Ribbon PSX or third-party policy servers for reputation scoring and call validation treatment.Invalid calling numbers – based on national/international telephone numbering plans, these are numbers that can be screened out in call processing
Ribbon Identity Hub
Earn Trust in Phone Calls Again
Features and Benefits
- Dynamic, machine learning (ML) models with iterative learning to adapt to new network conditions, traffic patterns, and data sources
- Designed as an open ecosystem, with open APIs, increasing flexibility to adapt to new data sources
- Integration of both real-time and non-real time data sources to increase the accuracy of the identity assertion modeling
- Leverage public cloud infrastructure to handle massive real-time processing with very low latency, because identity Hub is in the call path
- Robust, high availability architecture