G6 Universal Gateway
Operators with legacy networks are increasingly looking to replace their aging TDM switches, given the potential for failure, loss of operational knowledge base, high maintenance costs, and parts shortages. The G6 Universal Gateway, part of Ribbon’s innovative Media Gateway portfolio, is custom-designed to enable the replacement of TDM switches with a full array of access and trunking interfaces, allowing customers served by legacy lines to easily link to the revenue-generating SIP services cloud, IMS, and mobility.
The G6 connects directly to control interfaces including Ribbon’s C20 Call Session Controller or other IMS or server-based call control. It provides the intelligent interworking of signaling and media to access trunks such as PRI and T1/E1, Interoffice Trunks, SIP and H.248 Trunks, Digital Loop Carrier / Access Nodes, and DMS, EWSD, and DCO TDM switch access line frames. With the G6, a TDM switch can be shut down and scrapped, garnering significant operational, energy, floor space, and other savings, while enabling new SIP services that mitigate customer loss and provide new revenue growth.
With millions of ports deployed in ILEC, PTT, RLEC, CLEC/AO and MSO networks worldwide, the G6 is a carrier-grade, fully redundant platform with onboard ESA capabilities.
G6 Universal Media Gateway Benefits
- Links customers served by legacy lines to the revenue-generating SIP services cloud, IMS, and mobility
- Leverages existing copper lines and trunks without requiring full access plant replacement
- Enables cost-effective replacement of TDM switches and services
- PacketCable qualified, providing a full range of cable trunking and access services
- Carrier grade, network-proven with millions of deployed ports
- Comprehensive Emergency Stand Alone (ESA) capabilities
- Proven interoperability with the world's leading access and core voice platforms