The G9 Converged Gateway, part of Ribbon’s innovative media gateway portfolio, provides protocol, interface, security, signaling, and media processing support across all wireless and wireline, access and core, and IP and TDM environments, with simultaneous, any-to-any switching for enhanced flexibility and cost-effectiveness.
A powerful IP trunking gateway for mobile operators, the G9 supports wireless solutions spanning GSM, UMTS, CDMA, and satellite networks in 2G, 3G, and 4G/LTE architectures. In IMS networks, the G9 is a versatile IP media processing node supporting IMS Media Gateway, multimedia Media Resource Function Processor, and Border Gateway functions. In wireline networks, the G9 supports Class 4/IP Tandem/IP Trunking and Class 5/subscriber solutions, as well as global applications such as Peering and IPX. In converged networks, the G9 provides advanced solutions for Fixed Mobile Convergence/femtocells and IP-to-IP multimedia transcoding.
Deployed globally in many Tier 1 networks, the carrier-grade G9 is highly interoperable, providing scalable VoIP and multimedia processing in conjunction with Ribbon’s C3 and C20 Call Session Controllers, partner IMS cores and other call control platforms, giving operators the flexibility to converge disparate networks together using a single, cohesive next-generation gateway.
G9 Media Gateway's Features:
- Any-to-any switching across wireless, wireline, access, core, TDM, and IP networks
- State-of-the-art media handling and media processing capabilities
- Deployed among many Tier 1 and other operators
- Multiple features in a single IP gateway including Media Server, Echo Cancellation, Lawful Intercept, Security and Signaling Gateway
- Network-proven interoperability in wireless and wireline networks
- Highly scalable with a small footprint for significant cost, facilities, and power savings
- Green technology reduces power consumption by 90% or more
- Field-hardened software with over 170 million ports deployed worldwide in both wireless and wireline networks