SBC Software Edition (SBC SWe)
Ribbon's SBC Software Edition (SWe) is identical software to its award-winning SBC 5000 series and SBC 7000 product – just without the appliance.
Ribbon's virtualization strategy capitalizes on its heritage of enabling secure, reliable and scaleable real-time communications. With the cloud native SBC SWe, service providers can be sure they will be able to deliver secure real-time communications on almost any virtual or cloud environment without compromising scale and performance – and without needing a truck roll.
Use the SBC SWe to meet or exceed the demanding requirements you have for SIP trunking, Network-Network Interconnect, Unified Communications as a Service, or Contact Center as a Service. Use the SBC SWe to simplify migrate from TDM to IP peering and even offer the SBC as a Service to enterprise customers.
Cloud Native Session Border Controller
Features & Benefits
- Proven Ribbon SBC feature set, including carrier-class redundancy to ensure service continuity
- Deploy on private clouds as Virtual Network Function using OpenStack/KVM, VMware
- Deploy on public clouds (AWS, GCP)
- Industry-leading media transcoding using GPUs to scale for high-density transcoding
- Certified for Microsoft Phone System Direct Routing, Skype for Business, Lync 2013 and Lync 2010
- Supports network functions virtualization (NFV) service chaining with Ribbon's centralized call routing and policy management, providing network-wide intelligence and control
- Robust interworking tools for multiple signaling protocols (SIP, H.323 & over 80 international signaling variants) as well as both IPv4 and IPv6 devices
- SIP Message Manipulation (SMM) allows legacy voice applications to continue working
- Call Admission Control (CAC) to deny excessive calls based on session establishment rate per trunk group
- Enhanced security/encryption services to protect privacy and ensure compliance
- Data source for integrated analytics of network traffic to drive orchestration of virtual SBC instances
- Network wide licensing flexibility
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication