The Ribbon SBC 5400 is the ultimate enterprise and service provider session border controller (SBC) platform that advances today’s and tomorrow’s real-time communications. With a seamless, software license ability to upgrade from 2GB to 10GB of multimedia traffic, the Ribbon SBC 5400 provides all the features you need in an SBC today—robust network security, sophisticated routing and policy management, overload controls, SIP normalization—plus the features you’ll need tomorrow, such as IPv4-IPv6 interworking, multi-modal communication, built-in media transcoding, with assured performance and scale under heavy traffic.
As the newest member of Ribbon’s award-winning SBC portfolio, the SBC 5400 is specifically designed to address the unique real-time communications business challenges for security, interoperability, and reliability. It is ready made to address everything from voice, video, UC& C WebRTC, and mobility in enterprise and service provider deployments.
Features & Benefits
The Ribbon SBC 5400 is a proven hardware architecture that offers predictable and assured performance with scalability up to 75,000 anchored media sessions. The SBC 5400 offers a simple embedded GUI and a real-time dashboard that monitors KPIs. Customers have their choice of 2x1GB, 4x1GB or 1x10GB IP Interfaces based on a simple software license.
- Limits CAPEX with scalable performance and capacity - SBC scales from few thousand sessions to 75,000 simultaneous sessions with just software license upgrade.
- True multimedia SBC support for audio, video and collaboration with advanced security, priority, identity and service quality capabilities – without compromising performance or scale
- All product features may be enabled and operational at the same time, including encryption
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interoperation
- protection from attack and theft of service; delivers high performance even during DoS attacks
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with noother upgrades required
- Embedded policy and routing to provide enhanced network optimization
- Can be deployed as an interconnect SBC between two service provider
- networks, as an access SBC between a service provider’s core and access networks, and as an enterprise SBC for secure SIP trunking
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- FIPS-140-2 certified