As a cloud-native, orchestrated signaling solution, the DSC SWe has been designed to leverage the benefits of network function virtualization (NFV) and cloud deployment models. The DSC SWe provides the same functional capabilities for SS7 and Diameter routing as Ribbon's hardware-based DSC 8000.
With DSC SWe, you can migrate your signaling network functions into a cloud environment to enable dynamic instantiation of virtual signaling for SS7 and Diameter routing, as well as service chaining with virtual policy control to support integrated number portability services.
Advantages of DSC SWe
- Deploying SS7 and Diameter signaling in a cloud environment can be done rapidly, accurately and can be automated through service orchestration.
- DSC SWe enables elasticity - the ability to have on-demand instantiation of virtual signaling resources to match dynamic traffic demands
- The DSC SWe provides innovative load balancing to hide the complexity of managing message routing instances
- Load balancing ensures the addition or removal of routing resources does not impact other Diameter nodes
- Instantiation of virtual run-time ready STPs and DSCs, as well as grouping of virtual instances into clusters, dramatically increases your signaling solution reliability in the Cloud.
- With high availability configurations, innovative failover and cluster management, Ribbon's cloud-native DSC SWe delivers against carrier-class expectations
- A single solution includes support for Signaling Transfer Point, Diameter Signaling Control, and service chaining with virtual policy control for Number Portability functionality
- The same Insight Element Management System (EMS) used for SBCs and PSXs also provides provisioning and configuration for the DSC SWe