SBC Software Edition Lite
The Ribbon Session Border Controller Software Edition Lite (SBC SWe Lite) is a virtualized SBC designed to provide small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs) interworking, security and survivability for unified communications. The relatively small resource footprint of SWe Lite supports 100 concurrent SIP sessions with just one CPU and one GB of RAM. These are secure, encrypted sessions that can be used to support business communications. More sessions can be supported by simply applying more resources. This flexibility makes SWe Lite and ideal component of universal customer premises equipment (uCPE) offerings.
SWe Lite supports remote installation and feature activation via a simple license key. It can be deployed and updated without the need for on-site technicians or disruption to operations during peak business hours. The SBC SWe Lite shares a common code base with the Miercom “Performance Verified” SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 products. It interworks with a wide variety of third party SIP voice infrastructure devices/services while providing reliable, scalable performance that ensures maximum service availability.
Features & Benefits
The Ribbon SBC SWe Lite provides a robust set of session border controller features on a small footprint, giving SMBs the flexibility to adapt and grow as their needs arise.
- Optimized for a highly-constrained CPU and RAM environment; built-in media transcoding capability
- Advanced call routing features including Active Directory integration and onboard call forking
- Built in SIP Registrar that extends site survivability to SIP clients
- Reliably and repeatedly scales to maximum capacity without reboots, call drops, or other system anomalies
- Complete protection from security attacks and theft of service from malformed packets, Denial of Service (DoS) attacks and rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) messages
- The same simple, intuitive user and provisioning interface as the Ribbon SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 provides a seamless path to virtualization