IP eXchange (IPX) IPX network providers create value by providing multi-lateral, global connectivity for interconnecting mobile, fixed, wholesale and cloud service provider networks. By extending the reach of voice, data, IP multimedia and roaming services, IPX operators and their partners can capture revenue growth offering value added services for subscribers on domestic and international networks, and while roaming.
As you look to monetize new multimedia interconnect services, turn to the experts. The Ribbon IPX solution enables secure and seamless IP interconnections for services including VoIP, HD voice and transcoding including EVS, LTE / VoLTE / VoWiFi interconnects and roaming, video, messaging and Rich Communications Services (RCS).
IP eXchange Solution
The solution consists of Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Policy & Routing Management (PSX), Call Controllers and Media Gateways for IMS Media Gateway (MGCF/MGW) and IMS Media Resource (MRFC/MRFP) functions.
The Ribbon IPX solution delivers multivendor interoperability and Seamless interworking between variations in signaling and media protocol used by network elements and devices that are often encountered when interconnecting SIP and Diameter-based services.
Carrier-grade IPX solutions from Ribbon are key to ensuring best network performance through efficient policy control, network and application security, traffic routing and prevention of network overloads. Comprehensive QoS assurance ensures best session performance and quality of experience for end users.
Serving the industry’s needs
Ribbon’s standards-compliant IP eXchange capabilities, enable wholesale carriers, international long-distance providers, inter-exchange carriers, GRX operators, global Inter Service Providers, fixed and cable networks Mobile Network Operators to extend their service offerings. It lays the foundation for new cloud-based, and hosted multimedia IP interconnect services and over-the-top services.
IP eXchange Advantages:
- Drives revenues and extends market coverage with IPX interconnect and roaming services
- Multi-protocol support to assure seamless interworking across disparate IP and IMS architectures
- Broad range of fixed and mobile media transcoding capabilities including EVS and video pass thru
- Suite of carrier grade security tools: topology hiding, encryption, media policing, signaling security, fraud and spam prevention, DoS/DDoS protection, access and call admission controls
- Integrated centralized routing and policy capabilities for quality and resource optimization, ENUM enablement, number portability, least cost and media optimized routing
- Quality of Service (QoS) assurance via signaling/media packet marking and proactive monitoring
- Interworking between SS7 and Diameter on a combined software platform
- Flexible and scalable deployment models, from appliance to virtual to NFV cloud environments