PSX Software Edition (SWe)
The PSX SWe is a virtual, cloud-native version of the PSX. It provides the same features, exceptional scalability and centralized policy/traffic control as hardware-based PSX for both SIP and legacy network elements, including SBCs, media gateways and soft-switches. The PSX SWe can be deployed in any service provider’s traditional or IMS network.
The PSX SWe fits seamlessly into a service provider cloud strategy, with the ability to be deployed in a public cloud, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or in an OpenStack-orchestrated private cloud.
The PSX SWe plays an important role as an enabler for our customer’s implementation of STIR/SHAKEN. PSX SWe interworks with SBCs and Gateways and with STIR/SHAKEN-defined Secure Telephone Identity to handle caller authentication or verification request queries and responses.
PSX SWe also provides a key “broker” role, as part of Ribbon Call TrustTM. In real-time, for every call, the PSX can query the Ribbon Identity Hub to request reputation scoring and call verification treatment. PSX will then provide instructions for call validation treatment to a terminating SBC or Gateway.
In addition, PSX CDRs can be fed into Ribbon Analytics to assist in determining potential robocall or fraud call attempts.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-featured policy engine can be deployed using commercial-off-the-shelf platforms in virtual and cloud environments
- Intelligently manage communication sessions routing paths, priority and admission control based on policies, including media type, source/destination and time of day/week
- Integrate multi-vendor environments across both SIP and legacy domains
- Highly redundant architecture deliver 99.999% availability—even during peak loads of millions of calls per hour
- OpenStack support for on-demand instantiation of PSX instances and support for service orchestration to service chain policy control with session management
- Deploy in AWS cloud to provide intelligent session control and routing for real-time communication application workloads
- Single point provisioning and distributed call processing simplifies operation, reduces potential provisioning errors and increases scale and performance
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication and verification
- Support for Ribbon Call Trust, querying Ribbon Identity Hub for reputation scoring and acting on responses for call validation treatment. PSX also can feed CDRs to Ribbon Analytics for robocall and fraud detection