Healthcare institutions face unique communication challenges. Their mission requires absolute reliability 24 x 7, with stringent disaster recovery plans. Most organizations are actively embracing technology to lower costs, improve patient care and respond to their staff's requests for mobility. At the same time, these same organizations have thousands of analog lines for patient rooms, elevators, emergency notification systems and even modems that have to be maintained. Simply upgrading legacy copper cabling to support IP can cost millions. And of course, privacy and regulatory mandates demand enhanced security in dealing with communications and Electronic Records.
Ribbon's Healthcare Resume
Ribbon has the privilege of supporting some the world's leading healthcare institutions including hospitals, medical arts facilities, research facilities and outpatient services. Many include sprawling campuses with dozens of building, thousands of beds and tens of thousands of staff. These organizations have turned to Ribbon to enable:
- Carrier-grade communications with five 9s reliability and geo-redundancy
- Scalability that easily supports 5,000 or even 50,000 seats or more
- High-density analog gateway support for patient rooms and legacy equipment
- Military-grade encryption of media and signaling to secure communications
- A Nortel heritage to upgrade legacy SL-100, CS2100 and CS1000 deployments
- Innovative communication tools that enable practitioners to be mobile and fully connected
- APIs and SDKs to enable application providers to embed communications in industry-specific applications
Focus on Security
Ribbon's delivers secure communications to medical facilities as well as remote users. Our solutions are uniquely qualified to transition organizations from TDM to IP while simplifying network elements, enabling new services and reducing expense from legacy voice-only networks.
- Ribbon SBCs protect the UC network, at wire speed throughput, from devastating DoS attacks, as-well-as maintain full session capacity while running multiple services.
- Ribbon SBCs performance capacity remains unaffected by heavy encryption or transcoding loads while thwarting network attacks.
- Ribbon virtualized solutions deliver advanced functionality and high-end SIP services to small, medium and large facilities anywhere in the world – at a better value point.