Mobile operators are evolving their networks from existing 2G/3G circuit-switched networks to LTE packet-based networks and are now adding Voice Over LTE (VoLTE) services using IMS. Ribbon can help you reap significant benefits for your subscribers and for your network by enabling VoLTE service differentiation with premium HD voice, transcoding and roaming capabilities to drive new service revenues.
The Ribbon VoLTE and IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) solution combines robust IMS service functionality with the ability to securely and intelligently route high volumes of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Diameter traffic together with media processing and transcoding at both the core and the edge of the network.
The Ribbon solutions covers:
- Session Border Control with Access, Interconnect and Roaming support
- SIP Call Control
- Media Processing and Transcoding including EVS
- Policy & Routing for Interconnect support
- Diameter Signaling
Built on proven, scalable, carrier-grade software applications, the Ribbon VoLTE and IMS solution offers flexible deployment options running on dedicated platforms, or in virtual and NFV environments.
VoLTE Media Interworking and Transcoding
The Ribbon IMS Media Resource Function (MRF) and Media Gateway (MGW) solutions, offer powerful transcoding resources that can be efficiently sized and scaled according to network needs. Ribbon’s Enhanced Voice Services (EVS) transcoding capability offers unrivaled voice quality and reduced cost of service through lower bandwidth and capacity requirements with the added benefit of increasing RAN coverage.
Interconnects, IPX and Roaming for Mobile & VoLTE
Ribbon brings decades of global experience in enabling secure and scalable IP-IP and TDM-IP, voice and multimedia interconnect between diverse mobile and fixed IP networks, delivering session connectivity and interworking across diverse IMS and non IMS networks. For VoLTE/IMS interconnect and roaming, Ribbon offers secure signaling and media interworking with VoLTE interconnect and roaming functionality that includes home or local media routing.
VoLTE and IMS Features & Benefits
- Provides interworking, normalization, transcoding and relay functions for signaling and media protocols to ensure disparate networks can communicate and deliver best call quality
- Delivers seamless, uninterrupted roaming, with optimal media routing and call handoff, to ensure fast call connection times and reduced call latency for end users
- Provides SIP signaling control and media anchoring to ensure voice call continuity for calls that traverse LTE and 3G networks
- Enables the use of HD voice and EVS voice codecs, including transcoding, delivering a better quality of experience (QoE) for end users compared to over-the-top (OTT) services
- Secures the network edge for user access and/or peer network interconnection with topology hiding, Internet Protocol Security encryption (IPSec), Transport Layer Security (TLS), Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and intrusion protection such as from Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack.