Ribbon’s Industry-Leading Session Border Controllers Support Microsoft’s New Operator Connect Service
Plano, TX – Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN), a global provider of real time communications software and IP optical transport solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors, today announced that its market-leading Session Border Controller (SBC) portfolio supports Microsoft’s new Operator Connect service, which simplifies interconnection to Microsoft Teams for service providers.
“Operators around the globe already use our robust suite of SBCs in their network core, including many in the initial wave of Operator Connect service provider partners,” said Tony Scarfo, EVP & General Manager of Ribbon’s Cloud & Edge Business Unit. “Our existing Microsoft certifications, combined with our support for Operator Connect, enable our service provider customers to leverage their Ribbon SBCs to help deliver the next level of business integration Operator Connect offers.”
Ribbon’s extensive SBC portfolio enables service providers, partners and enterprises to select the Microsoft Teams calling deployment model that best supports their business and technical needs. The company’s core SBCs including SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 5400 and SBC 7000
- Ribbon’s market-leading SBCs, the largest portfolio of Microsoft-certified SBCs available today, deliver the carrier grade reliability, scale, resiliency and interoperability service providers require to implement Microsoft Operator Connect.
- Many of the service providers participating in the initial wave of Operator Connect deployments are already Ribbon customers.
- Ribbon’s comprehensive SBC portfolio offer includes both core and edge options. Service providers leverage SBC Software Edition (SWe), SBC 5400 and SBC 7000 for carrier-grade reliability, scale, resiliency and interoperability, while enterprises have access to a full range of functionality via the SBC Software Edition Lite (SWe Lite), SBC 1000
- Ribbon also offers a monthly service, Ribbon Connect for Microsoft Direct Routing, aimed at organizations that prefer a service-based model to enable Teams calling.
- Ribbon’s SBCs already provide market-leading security and interoperability for hundreds of SIP Trunking, Direct Routing and cloud Unified Communications (UC) services.
Ribbon Communications (Nasdaq: RBBN) delivers global communications software and IP and optical network solutions to service providers, enterprises and critical infrastructure sectors. We engage deeply with our customers, helping them modernize their networks for improved competitive positioning and business outcomes in today's smart, always-on and data-hungry world. Our innovative, end-to-end solutions portfolio delivers unparalleled scale, performance, and agility, including core to edge IP solutions, cloud-native offers, leading-edge software security and analytics tools, as well as 5G-ready IP and optical networking solutions acquired via our recent merger with ECI Telecom. To learn more about Ribbon visit rbbn.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release, including those regarding the expected benefits from use of Ribbon Communication’s products, are forward-looking statements. The actual results of Ribbon Communications may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Ribbon Communications' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Ribbon Communications' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Ribbon Communications' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Ribbon Communications' views as of any subsequent date. While Ribbon Communications may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Ribbon Communications specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.