Ribbon Launches Unified Communications Security Applications on Ribbon Protect
Westford, MA and Orlando, FL. – Ribbon Communications Inc. (Nasdaq: RBBN), a global leader in secure and intelligent cloud communications, today launched a suite of Unified Communications (UC) security and intelligent operations applications for its Ribbon Protect platform. Ribbon Protect provides a single view of the end to end network, critical for UC threat detection, fraud management and network operations.
Bad actors are constantly looking for the easiest path into corporate networks. The growth of SIP adoption has led to new security breaches as bad actors prey on vulnerabilities created by a poor understanding of the risks and subsequent lack of best practices to address threats and protect the real-time communications network. Some bad actors will target SIP specifically for toll fraud, but more likely this will be their point of entry for other forms of malicious activity, such as Telephony Denial of Service (T-DoS) attacks, to disrupt operations or using the UC network to exfiltrate large amounts of mission-critical data by simulating voice and video calls. SIP serves as a means to an end in these scenarios, and a complete security plan must include protection of the real time communications network.
“Corporate networks are an increasingly tempting revenue source for cyber thugs in today’s information economy,” said Kevin Riley, CTO Ribbon. “The tremendous growth of SIP adoption means that enterprises must focus on the associated vulnerabilities to address these threats. That’s where Ribbon Protect comes in.”
Ribbon offers a number of specific communication security and network operation applications that can easily be added to the Ribbon Protect software platform through a simple feature license:
- TDOSProtect uses advanced algorithm and machine learning techniques to mitigate attacks from large volumes of unwanted calls coming into the network. While these calls may appear valid, they can tie up or crash mission-critical communication applications such as call centers, IVRs or PBX trunks with long call duration times.
- NETProtect distributes threat intelligence policies across the entire communications network to close the security aperture exposed by Unified Communications (UC). Distributed security policies between Session Border Controllers (SBC) and next-generation firewalls help stop bad actors at the edge of the network, while delivering a more effective and holistic security methodology across the converged data and communication network.
- FRAUDProtect looks for repetitive calling patterns to and from anomalous places and flags them in real-time. As more fraudulent calls are made they are quickly identified and blocked, thus mitigating expensive toll charges.
- ROBOProtect uses advanced databases to quickly identify the source of the robocall and apply policies to the edge of the network, stopping these calls before they disrupt customers or employees.
- Intelligent Network Operations Suite helps keep communications running smoothly by leveraging proactive analytics designed to improve the user experience and reduce operational costs, delivering intelligent service quality. This suite provides network-wide monitoring, reporting, troubleshooting and can provide SIP ladder diagrams across multiple platforms. Network analysts can also leverage the capacity planning application to accurately assess future UC network growth.
The Ribbon Protect platform quickly and easily integrates with existing unified communications (UC) network investments, using powerful and advanced behavioral analytics to deliver a new level of security and intelligent operations. By establishing a baseline of voice, video sessions and IP port activity, Ribbon Protect and its applications quickly identify and mitigate deviations from this baseline, whether T-DoS attacks, quality of experience issues, toll fraud, or potential data exfiltration.
Ribbon Communications’ Security portfolio includes Ribbon Protect plus the suite of UC Security applications; virtual and appliance based SBCs, Session Border Controllers, and Ribbon PSX enabling secure, smart, and simple solutions that eliminate threats and network complexities associated with adopting unified communications for the enterprise.
About Ribbon Communications
Ribbon Communications Inc. is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world-class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers intelligent, secure, embedded real-time communications for today’s world. The company transforms fixed, mobile and enterprise networks from legacy environments to secure IP and cloud-based architectures, enabling highly productive communications for consumers and businesses. With 64 locations in 27 countries around the globe, Ribbon’s innovative, market-leading portfolio empowers service providers and enterprises with rapid service creation in a fully virtualized environment. The company’s Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) delivers a comprehensive set of advanced embedded communications capabilities that enables this transformation. To learn more, visit ribboncommunications.com.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Ribbon Communications' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Ribbon Communications' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Ribbon Communications' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Ribbon Communications' views as of any subsequent date. While Ribbon Communications may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Ribbon Communications specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
+1 (978) 614-8841
+1 (214) 695 2214
+1 (708) 383-3387