C20 Call Session Controller
Ribbon's C20 Call Session Controller is the world’s leading IP and IMS communications convergence platform for voice and multimedia. Integrating significant new investment in intelligent innovations, the software-centric C20 utilizes the Ribbons ATCA or Rack Mount Server platform and provides call and session control, network connectivity, switching, signaling and protocol interworking, core and edge interworking, unified multimedia communications, and applications for wireless, wireline, cable, and enterprise markets.
Deployed globally to enable new multimedia services, the C20 grows revenue and ARPU, converges disparate networks, replaces costly legacy switching, and is the cornerstone of new core networks. It is fully carrier-grade and network-hardened, having switched billions of calls and sessions for business and residential customers. The C20 is a key element in many of Ribbon’s Solutions including IMS, VoLTE, SIP Trunking, IPX, Peering, and Intra-Network Interconnect.
C20 Call Controller Features
- Carrier grade, geo-survivable, open standards-based
- Core switching, control, interworking, and service logic element in IMS networks
- Proven interoperability with world's leading core, edge access & interconnect, and applications platforms
- Green Technology -- reduces power, floorspace, network costs
- Software-centric, scaling from small to very large, with significant new investments in intelligent innovation
- Flexible transition for legacy DMS and other switch types
- Managed by Ribbon C20 Manager and compatible with existing back-office OSS
- Network-ready across wireless, wireline, cable, enterprise, IP, SIP, TDM