The PSX SWe is a virtual, cloud-native version of the PSX. It provides the same features, exceptional scalability and centralized policy/traffic control as hardware-based PSX for both SIP and legacy network elements, including SBCs, media gateways and soft-switches. The PSX SWe can be deployed in any service provider’s traditional or IMS network.
The PSX SWe fits seamlessly into a service provider cloud strategy, with the ability to be deployed in a public cloud, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or in an OpenStack-orchestrated private cloud.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-featured policy engine can be deployed using commercial-off-the-shelf platforms in virtual and cloud environments
- Intelligently manage communication sessions routing paths, priority and admission control based on policies, including media type, source/destination and time of day/week
- Integrate multi-vendor environments across both SIP and legacy domains
- Highly redundant architecture deliver 99.999% availability—even during peak loads of millions of calls per hour
- OpenStack support for on-demand instantiation of PSX instances and support for service orchestration to service chain policy control with session management
- Deploy in AWS cloud to provide intelligent session control and routing for real-time communication application workloads
- Single point provisioning and distributed call processing simplifies operation, reduces potential provisioning errors and increases scale and performance
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication