Session Border Controller 7000
For most service providers, security is the most important function of an SBC, and that function becomes even more critical as communications becomes increasingly mobile. The SBC 7000 supports more Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions than any other SBC on the market, giving service providers maximum message authentication and replay protection for VoIP traffic.
The SBC 7000 is architected from the same common code base as the award winning SBC 5000 portfolio of SBC core network solutions. The foundational strength of the SBC 7000 is its ability to support high capacity requirements for real-time, multimedia Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) traffic. The SBC 7000 touts the industry’s highest scale – up to 150,000 sessions with fully enabled security, media and transcoding features. Delivering capacity without compromise, the SBC 7000 offers advanced functionality to support emerging services such as high definition (HD) voice and video, Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) and Rich Communications Services (RCS), and it effectively addresses the unprecedented traffic demands these services will place on networks at access and interconnect borders.
The Ribbon SBC 7000 is the industry’s highest scale SBC with fully enabled security, media and transcoding features. It supports nearly 10 times more Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) sessions than any other SBC on the market, giving service providers maximum message authentication and replay protection for VoIP traffic.
The SBC 7000 plays an important role as an enabler for our customer’s implementation of STIR/SHAKEN. The SBC 7000 supports the following capabilities:
- Relay STIR/SHAKEN information in SIP headers
- Generation of an authentication or verification requests to the PSX and update of the information in the SIP message per the response from the PSX.
- Flexible handling of error conditions if signature verification fails
- Ability to receive updated STIR/SHAKEN information based on SIP Redirect query
In addition, SBC 7000 CDRs can be fed into Ribbon Analytics to assist in determining potential robocall or fraud call attempts.
Features & Benefits
- A proven platform designed from the same common network core architecture found across the Ribbon SBC SWe and SBC 5000 portfolio
- Customized, built-in media transcoding firmware that no other SBC vendor can offer; transcoding capacity nearly two times greater than competitive platforms
- Software-licensable up to 150,000 sessions, delivering unparalleled performance and session capacity nearly two times greater than competitive solutions
- Certified SIP interoperability with the industry’s leading solutions, including multi-vendor IP-PBX interoperation
- Complete protection from attack and theft of service; supports nearly 10 times greater Secure Real-Time Transfer Protocol (SRTP) sessions than competitive products
- Enables IPv4 and IPv6 networks to work together seamlessly with no other upgrades required
- Embedded policy and routing to provide enhanced network optimization
- Can be deployed as an interconnect SBC between two service provider networks or as an access SBC between a service provider’s core and access networks
- IP-PBX and Cloud UC network migration
- Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, Microsoft Lync 2013 and Lync 2010 qualified for SBC deployment
- JITC and FIPS-140-2 certified
- Support for STIR (Secure Telephone Identity Revisited) and SHAKEN (Signature-based Handling of Asserted information using toKENs) standards for caller authentication and verification
- Support for Ribbon Call Trust, by enabling the feed of CDRs to Ribbon Analytics for robocall and fraud detection