5G is the next generation of mobile broadband that will eventually replace, or at least augment, your 4G LTE connection. With the introduction of 5G, Mobile Network Operators have an opportunity to become Universal Service Providers, offering a complete range of telecom services. This requires a service-aware transport network that connects the 5G New Radio (NR) with agile mobile core functionality
In this course, you will understand the design goals and development schedule for 5G, the principles, design and implementation of the core and radio access networks of 5G, and focus on the concepts and drivers, the 5G New Radio and NG-RAN and the end to end system architecture.
The main course objectives are:
- Evolution of Mobile Networks
- Key development phases of 5G
- 5G technologies & Services
- 5G architecture model and design
- How CSP’s and Vendors are gearing up for 5G?
- 5G Backhaul Network
- What role does SDN, NFV, Edge Cloud (MEC) play in 5G?
- Different techniques of Network Slicing – Soft & Hard Slicing
- Recognize strategies, Use cases, and business models of 5G Ecosystem
- 5G not only from Business use case but from E2E Architecture
- Use cases by various 5G providers
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the design goals and development schedule for 5G, the principles, design and implementation of the core and radio access networks of 5G,
- Be proficient in the knowledge of network migration to 5G. They will be able to plan and design an end-to-end Software-Defined 5G network that offers leading-edge applications that would satisfy both current and future market requirements.
In order to participate in this training, a familiarity with telecommunications and general engineering terminology is assumed. Some understanding of LTE cellular systems would be beneficial.
2 days frontal or 3 days online