WDM Technology Training
In Fiber Optic communications, Wavelength Division Multiplexing (WDM) is a technology which multiplexes a number of optical carrier signals onto a single optical fiber by using different wavelengths (i.e. colors) of laser light. In this course you will gain a basic understanding of the properties of light, optical fibers, and various optical devices (transceiver, multiplexers, splitters and more).
In this course, our experts will the look at the basic technology behind optical networks with a deeper understanding of the theory of WDM technology and it’s components.
Main course objectives include:
- Overview of the different ways we look at light.
- WDM: Advantages, DWDM and CWDM, Wavelength Bands
- Optical Fibers: Types of fiber cables, Linear and Nonlinear effects
- Optical Devices: Overview of basic elements of optical networks such as Photodiodes, Transceivers, Splitters/Couplers, Mux/Demux, Transponders, etc.
- Introduction to Lasers: What is a laser? Types of lasers, Operation principles
- Optical Communication- Data Modulation: What is modulation? Types of modulation. Coherent and non-coherent modulation
Participants are expected to have:
- Basic telecommunications knowledge