SIP Trunking Features & Benefits
Ribbon's solutions for SIP trunking serve as the cornerstone of an IP-based communications infrastructure that secures communications while enabling dramatic advances in the efficiency.
- Complete security for signaling and media, including traffic policing, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and blocking, and protection from rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) traffic. Preventing unauthorized third parties from accessing your UC network by hiding network addresses and names.
- Ensure privacy by enabling encryption of media (SRTP) and signaling (IPSec/TLS), without sacrificing scalability.
- Improve interoperability by mediating SIP communications between different devices.
- Provide TDM-to-SIP and SIP-to-SIP interworking between your PBX installed base and interconnected networks as you transition your network
- Extensive interoperability testing with SIP trunking providers, third-party PBXs, IP phones and other devices
- Extend investment value by easily scaling capacity requirements as traffic demands increase.
- Save staff time by setting routing and dial plan policies in one place, for the entire network