Ribbon Call Trust Video
Ribbon Call Trust
To assist our customers in their integration of identity assurance into how they handle calls, Ribbon Call Trust, was designed and architected based on the following attributes:
- Use of dynamic, machine learning (ML) models for reputation scoring, based on multi-source data integration. These are inferred behavior models with iterative learning to adapt to new network conditions, traffic patterns, and data sources
- An open ecosystem, with open APIs, that can ingest data from other applications or databases to increase the accuracy of the reputation scoring models
- Open APIs to perform real-time queries of 3rd party transactional policy information, such as real-time attestation of caller identity, based on STIR/SHAKEN Authentication and Verification Services
- Open APIs to collect non-real time, 3rd party policy data that can be crowdsourced, carrier-based, or Spam/Robocall databases. This information is correlated and stored in a cloud database
- Leverage Ribbon Analytics which can ingest real-time network and service data (CDRs, KPIs) from Ribbon or 3rd party network elements (SBCs, Call Controllers, and Gateways) to detect robocalls or fraud attempts. This information is fed into the identity assertion modeling
- Take advantage of public cloud infrastructure to handle massive real-time processing with very low latency, because identity assurance decisions (the output of reputation scoring models) have to be available on a per-call basis, within 50 ms, to avoid affecting post dial delay
- Robust, high availability architecture because identity assurance is in the call path
- Ensure the ability to integrate TDM in the future
Ribbon Call Trust is comprised of the following Ribbon products and services:
- Session Border Controllers – handling SIP-based session control, in the originating and terminating networks in support of STIR/SHAKEN
- Gateways – TDM to IP gateways, in the originating and terminating networks handling SIP-based session control, in support for STIR/SHAKEN
- Policy and Routing Server (PSX) – policy and routing engine handling the interworking between SBCs/Gateways and the Ribbon Secure Telephone Identity (STI), or any third-party STI solution, in support of STIR-SHAKEN. Also, in the terminating network, the PSX can send reputation requests to, and receive reputation scoring and call validation treatment responses from, Ribbon Identity Hub.
- Call Controllers – provides call processing to tag (attest) originating caller ID and handle call termination with verification information by interworking with SBC/Gateways in support of STIR/SHAKEN
- Ribbon Secure Telephone Identity (STI) – is a STIR/SHAKEN-compliant call authentication, signing, and verification solution. Ribbon STI can be deployed in a service provider’s network or provided by Ribbon as a cloud-based, managed STIR/SHAKEN as a Service.
- Ribbon Analytics – is deployed in the service provider’s network to take in network data, such as call detail records and call traffic KPIs, and apply behavioral analytics or incident detection algorithms to identify potential robocalls or attempted fraud. In turn, robocall and fraud information is ingested by the Ribbon Identity Hub for reputation scoring.
- Ribbon Identity Hub – is a Ribbon service offer, providing multi-dimensional reputation scoring to service provider to prescribe call validation treatment. Ribbon Identity hub is based on machine learning models with open APIs to integrate both real-time and off-line data from Ribbon and 3rd parties.