Enable a better calling experience for your subscribers while lowering costs for your network. LTE Calling and Wi-Fi Calling from Ribbon can be rolled out quickly without the need for full VoLTE/IMS network or VoLTE enabled mobile handsets. The Ribbon Wi-Fi Calling and LTE Calling solution enables a fully native calling experience for your subscribers, straight from their phone’s standard dialer!
The Ribbon solution enables MNOs to improve coverage and improve the bottom line at the same time. The solution harnesses the ubiquitous presence of Wi-Fi to address in-building coverage issues or to reduce roaming costs by routing calls securely over the internet. Or free up congest 3G networks by making calls over the LTE data channel in existing or new frequency bands where available, including private LTE (eg. CBRS) to reduce cellular costs. MVNOs, MSOs or ISPs can just as easily extend and differentiate their offering by offering secure native Wi-Fi calling too.
Compliant with mobile industry standards for Wi-Fi Calling, the Ribbon solution is compatible with nearly every leading mobile core network equipment. A powerful way to provide seamless Wi-Fi and LTE Calling services to your existing mobile subscriber base, without the need for a full VoLTE deployment.
Virtual Mobile Core
The Ribbon Virtual Mobile Core (VMC) solution is an innovative, cost effective and powerful way to add virtual IMS core capability to enable Wi-Fi and LTE Calling services for your subscribers, without the huge cost of a full IMS/VoLTE core. The VMC includes the Activation Server (AcS) for Mobile Client registrations and activations.
The Ribbon Mobile Client (MC) enables "native dialer" functionality for Wi-Fi or LTE calling for Andriod devices that are not OEM or operator provisioned. It eliminates the need to launch a separate OTT app. It is designed for all Android 4.1 and higher devices and available as a simple download to quickly enable all suitable existing devices on the network.
Why Wi-Fi and LTE Calling?
- Improves call quality in poor coverage areas by enabling voice calls on Wi-Fi networks
- Reduce subscriber churn through better user experience
- Provides a native “same as cellular” user dialing experience
- Free up 3G capacity and spectrum by offloading voice traffic to LTE data channels in any frequency
- Reduce expensive international and domestic intra-carrier roaming costs and drive additional revenues
- Enables all new and legacy devices running Android OS 4.1 and later via simple download
- Innovative and low-cost method of delivering a competitive wireless service for MVNOs and broadband operators
- Programmed with advanced QoS and analytics capabilities
- Fully GSMA IR.51 and IR.92 standards compliant