Cloud, Software or Hardware – It’s Your Choice
Ribbon’s Session Border Controllers operates natively in the Azure and AWS Cloud as well as on virtual machine platforms including Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware and Linux KVM. Organizations can rapidly deploy a Ribbon Software Edition SBC (SBC SWe & SBC SWe Lite) to connect to almost any cloud UC service to a dial tone provider – including Microsoft Teams and Zoom Phone. The same solutions can also connect to popular premises PBXs and contact centers. Ribbon’s software is designed for the cloud, meaning it uses fewer cloud resources than competitive offers without sacrificing security or required media services such as media transcoding. Ribbon SBCs take fewer cloud resources, reducing an organizations monthly spend. Ribbon even offers a 30-day trial license so your organization can try it out.
Organizations with premises equipment may prefer to have a turnkey appliance. Ribbon has the most robust and scalable hardware on the market. Our heritage building SBCs for the world’s largest carriers assures the highest availability and tremendous scale that can survive withering attacks and retains its scale when media transcoding it enabled. Ribbon’s SBC 5400 and SBC 7000 deliver 75,000 and 150,000 sessions, respectively. Ribbon’s SBC 1000 and SBC 2000 are all-in-one solutions with best in-class security, media transcoding along with digital and analog port options that are ideal for PBX or contact center integration as well as supporting legacy analog devices (elevator phones, door phones, fax machines, etc.).
Ribbon Connect for Microsoft Teams Direct Routing
SIP Trunking – Carrier-grade Performance
SIP trunking gives enterprises a compelling way to leverage their data bandwidth spend for voice communications. The combination of connectivity savings, capacity savings and the opportunity to consolidate total spend with a single SIP trunking provider can result in dramatic savings. Ribbon has multiple solutions to simplify the transition to SIP trunks as well as maximize cost savings.
Ribbon SBCs deliver robust SIP trunk signaling and media security including traffic policing, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and blocking, along with protection from rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) traffic. Ribbon's SBC portfolio provides a complete range of solutions, from highly scalable solutions for centralized locations to cost-effective branch office options.
Ribbon SBCs are deployed in communication service providers around the globe. In fact, tens of millions SIP trunks are deployed by service providers using Ribbon solutions. That means that enterprises can count on the fact that Ribbon’s security, scale, interoperability and high availability are already proven.
Get Smart about SIP Trunking
Read SIP Trunking for Dummies
Enterprise-wide Scale and Sophistication
Of course Ribbon SBCs secure tens of thousands of small business. What’s less well known is that Ribbon’s heritage of building carrier grade SBCs make them ideal for the world’s largest enterprise. Ribbon solutions secure many of the world’s leading financial intuitions, universities, airlines, hospitals, transportation & logistics organizations, hospitality providers, and more. Ribbon solutions can:
- Encrypt communications traffic, regardless of the source
- Create a unified network that works across multiple PBX and cloud providers
- Solve interoperability challenges (both SIP signaling and media)
- Simplify cloud migrations
- Survive punishing denial of service attacks
Learn why an international law firm choose Ribbon
Features & Benefits of Secured Unified Communications
- Complete security for signaling and media, including traffic policing, Denial of Service (DoS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attack detection and blocking and rogue Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) protection.
- Ensure privacy on the media (SRTP) and signaling (IPSec/TLS) path without sacrificing scalability or performance.
- By invoking “Back-to-back user agent (B2BUA) functionality the SBC can hide the underlying network addresses from bad actors attempting to infiltrate and steal mission-critical data.
- In the event of an equipment failure, physical attack or persistent DoS/DDoS attack, strong redundancy strategy will maintain service. Additionally, a disaster recovery plan with redundant sites should also be considered to maintain continuous service availability.
- Exploit all the benefits of SIP-based communications without sacrificing security–– connect with SIP Trunk service provider, UC cloud provider, and allow remote users to connect to corporate PBX without worrying about VPNs
- SBC product family provides common software and management, and supports multiple deployment options
- Enterprise-grade performance, reliability, and scalability