Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)
Mobile service providers are constantly evolving their networks to offer better user experiences for their customers. HD Voice was a huge initial step in voice quality but next generation communication networks are transitioning to enhanced high definition 4G / VoLTE voice services such as EVS. Offering music quality HD voice, EVS uses lower bandwidth and capacity, while effectively extending radio network coverage.
Ribbon’s VoLTE EVS Transcoding solution promises to revolutionize the voice communication experience with unrivaled quality, reduced cost of service, and differentiated services for mobile operators.
Delivered on Ribbon’s Media Resource Function Processor (MRFP) platform, EVS transcoding can be deployed on virtual, NFV cloud or hybrid appliance options offering agile and flexible services to driver better operational efﬁciency.
Ribbon Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)
Why Enhanced Voice Services (EVS)?
- Better quality and performance for speech, music and mixed content in all bandwidths
- Extended audio bandwidth options for immersive communication experience
- Improved robustness against transmission errors
- Lower bandwidth consumption, and extended radio network coverage
- Improved performance for narrowband and wideband speech